3.13.2011

Baby Shower!

Today my friend Liesl and I hostess-ed :-) a baby shower! We had it at our place, for a friend of ours, Carol who's having her baby boy in about a month. The preparation was so FUN - I loved thinking about details and how things would look, work, flow, etc! It turned out wonderful. Here's a quick journal of the afternoon:
Safety-pins decorated for the buzz-word game~
The "cake" table. :) A diaper cake on the right and cake pops on the left. Carol's nursery theme is safari, so we tried to stick with that a bit throughout the party~ (Never-mind the drywall mud and tape in the background!)
A side view of the cake table presentation~
Gifts for the game winners~
Cake Pops! By far these were the hardest, most time-consuming, but most FUN part of the preparation! Liesl came to our house Friday afternoon to start the rolling, balling, refrigerating and dipping. I joined her after work and we decorated together!
Lions, Tigers and Bears, OH MY! :)
Sunflowers to brighten the table~
...What's a party without food?! We had a lovely spread... once I got over my fears of not having enough food I was able to enjoy it a bit too. :-)
Liesl's ever-famous Quinoa salad... my favorite!
Meat, cheese & olive skewers ~
Veggies~
Fruit~ (A ripe watermelon in the winter...? YEP! Score!)
Sweet A.S. and her baby~
J.N.
S., R., and E.
J. & J.T
S.K & B.L.
M.D. and R.L. - sorry I caught you with your mouths full... it's the only photo I have tho!
A.V.
K.V.
The lady of the hour!! Carol playing the game "What's that smell?"
A.V. and Liesl. :)

Liesl and I~
Sweet little K.
L.L. and the momma-to-be~
H.R.
We had a lovely afternoon... fun games, friends and lots of presents for the new baby.
Congrats Carol and James ~ we wish you and baby boy F. all the best!

8 comments:

Krista said...

What an awesome party!!! Love it!!!

Diana said...

Cute. Cute. The cake pops are adorable. Looks like you had lotsa fun, both preparing it and enjoying it. (Did you know "it" is not in the Spanish language?)

Anna said...

Wow, you guys go all out when you host(ess)!!! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker and love reading your blog. Will you post the recipe for the quinoa salad? I would love to try it. It looks yummy. Thanks.

Sandra Ramey said...

Just heading to Shauna's baby shower on Fri this week. This is a very exciting party for sure and you both did a beauttiful job!

MSue and BMcD said...

Oh my word! You guys put in a ton of work! Nice job, everything looked awesome!!

Sherlene said...

You didn't happen to take pictures when you were making those cake pops did you? What a cute idea. I'd love to know how they are put together.

Family Fun said...

love love love it. You are a great party thrower. Wish I could have been there to try some pops! What fun!