3.20.2011

While the cat is away, the mice will play!

I'm sitting here this evening... missing my dear hubby. He's been on the left coast for the past week. So, I thought I'd post some VERY random photos and thoughts that have crossed my mind since I've had much time to do... nothing! :)
**Disclosure - P. took the camera to the left coast with him, so most of these photos are horrid quality as they are via my phone**
Firstly, serious business. Our favorite little kitty has to have hip surgery again. :( It is the same diagnosis as last time. The problem is officially called "Physeal Dysplasia" and in his case is bilateral, or affecting both sides. Photo below of the x-ray - if you click on it hopefully you can read my very scientific comments.
And, while we're on the topic of surgery (oh, P. is gonna kill me for this). :-D
This photo is actually over three months old - Peter had sinus surgery in December. As you may already know, he survived and is alive and well. He'd be glad to tell you details if you're into that kind of gory-ness. :) (Love you hon!) ;-)
In just over a month I'm going to be laying on a beach that I suspect will look something like this:
And definitely scuba-diving - hopefully with some of these:
And most certainly lots of these:
In other news, my car was finally delivered this week. I'm so glad they got the paint color right this time. I'd hate to have to order a third...
Some of our friends took pity on single-ole' me and invited me for supper on Sunday. Homemade, from scratch Mexican food. Amazing.
Mmm. Has me salivating just thinking about it again. When I called and told P. what he was missing out on (hoping it would make him miss me, or at least the food I was eating!), he just reminded me that he had In-N-Out for lunch. Hmph.
One of the more hilarious events of the week... It obviously doesn't take much to entertain me when I'm home alone! Kitty thought he was being pretty sneaky in investigating the empty bag of chips... until he got his head stuck! HA!
Today I went to a lovely wedding of two of our friends out here. In no particular order are some photos of the festivities (remember, from my phone - not quality photos, but you'll get the gist of the event).
Sisters of the groom:
Menu - please note it was on Saturday, March 18th... wait, when WAS that???
Bride and Groom!
Mushroom Veloute (with an accent on the last e) ;-)
Potato Crusted Wild Bass:
Amish Chicken: (it rode up to my plate on horse and buggy)
Almond Sponge Cake:
T'was a beautiful wedding - very elegant. The food was amazing. The weather was gorgeous. Couldn't have asked for a much better day! Congrats to the Bride and Groom!
I s'pose that'll conclude my random thoughts for this evening. I best get some sleep before I turn into a pumpkin! Adios amigos!

4 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Thanks for the picture, babe. Last time I take the camera with me... :-)

Love you!!!

Krista said...

How fun to see!!

wes said...

Sorry bout dozer, In n Out is good, Your car is nice, im taking it for a spin when i come out there, that beach is pretty, bring me back some sand, congrats to the bride/groom...... all done.

Sandra Ramey said...

Wes...you're so "brotherly" haha! I like to hear from you:)
Marissa, fun, random posting...I LOVE it!