3.07.2011

Dry suit scuba certification

A few weeks ago we temporarily lost connection with our brain cells and thought jumping into 38* water (twice!) would be a fun idea. Actually we signed up and PAID someone to LET us do this! (Insert sarcastic, "boy, you really got taken" comment here). In all reality, we were training for our dry-suit scuba certification, which I can proudly say, two VERY frigid dives later we have! :-)
First, we had to don some extremely unflattering matrix/ninja type apparel which would keep us (mostly) dry. Because, you certainly won't get cold if you're dry, right? Not true. :-) I have at minimum, five layers of clothing underneath my dry-suit. My body temperature was bearable during the dives, although my hands and face were fuh-reeeee-zing (they have direct contact with the H20). This photo was pre-dive #1. I didn't take any photos after the first dive as my fingers were too frozen to push any type of button!
Our instructor, Martin.
Not to brag or anything, but we're now Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Nitrox and Dry Suit certified! Ok, that WAS pretty shameless but really, wanna come dive with us? Join us in Cozumel in April for some amazing drift diving!

5 comments:

Sandra Ramey said...

I'm impressed:)

Anna said...

Okay, we will!! :D

Krista said...

How fun!

Diana said...

I knew there was a brain lapse there somewhere. I'm impressed but I still think you're crazy. Howsoever, I'll be suitably jealous when you're diving in the Carib and seeing all sorts of neat stuff.

Ben said...

Sure... we'd love to come diving with you :) It'll be great to have such super-duper-awesomely-shameless-trained-and-experienced divers around to look after us - looking forward to it!