4.22.2007

Update: Our Life 101

I do believe I am quite a pathetic excuse for a blogger! I will wear my cool blogger sweatshirt in shame now.
However, I will TRY to redeem myself in this update!
Life has been SO busy... where to start? Maybe where I left off in the last update:
The point of renting the rototiller 2 weeks ago was to get the soil ready for a new driveway / sprinkler system / GRASS! Anywho, none of that is in yet, but we do have some great ideas! Peter bought some round-up the other day (that stuff is spendy by the way), and is working on eradicating all of our stubborn weeds. After a very expensive quote to have a sprinkler system installed for us, I think maybe Peter's going to try to do it "a la carte." (any volunteers/ditch diggers would be greatly appreciated) After the sprinklers are in, we will look into getting the driveway poured... then comes the hydroseeding. - So that's the progress in the landscaping arena.
The last two weekends Peter has been working hard at his folks place. He's been replacing all the sinks/faucets, shower heads and light fixtures. He did a great job, it has turned out so nice! Last Friday we spent the night at Tom and Audrey's, so he could get an early start on the project. (if you want to hear about his early start, you'll have to email him, as he tells the story so much better than I!) After an afternoon of work, (him working on the house, myself on homework) Christy, Mara & Pammie and girls came over for a lasagna feast. Peter promptly went back to work. With one faucet, one light and two shower heads left, low-and-behold his work pager goes off. So, we drop all and race back to The Dalles. (~1 1/2 hr drive) Arrive home 11:30-ish and crash in bed. So, today we ran back out there and Peter finished up the rest of the fixtures. Here's some pics of his bee-ewe-tea-ful work:
Bathroom Faucets (4)Shower Heads (2)
Bathroom Light Fixtures (3)
Dining Room Chandeliers (2)
Kitchen Faucet (1) - (insert Peter's faucet saga here)
After he finished there, we headed over to NWOMS (an oral suregeon that Peter does IT work for) and he cleaned up some of their problems.
Then, off shopping! I haven't been in quite a long time, and it was SO fun! That is one thing that I miss living here, is the amount (or lack thereof) of retail shopping! :-) But Portland isn't too far... Here's some of my finds:
I LOVE this!!!New Running Shoes! They make me WANT to run!Ok, I best wrap this up... Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! I'm impressed Peter! However, you're not going to make it easy for your folks to want to move after you fix it all up...

cute stuff Ris - how come you didn't model? :)

Peter Brown said...

Thanks mom, the plan is to sell it out from under them! :-)

Yeah, baby... Why didn't you model? :-p

Anonymous said...

Already commented...but it did not appear here !?!?

Your "Mr. Perfect Peter" is quite the handy fix-it man...NICE to have one of those around :) :)

Pretty outfit Missy!!