11.27.2010

Thanksgiving #24!

This year was my 24th Thanksgiving... My sweet hubby brought these Happy Birthday flowers home with him on Wednesday. :)
We had dear friends K&L over for Thanksgiving and good buddy BB from the West Coast joined us too! It was a lovely day with wonderful friends!
Our tablescape:

BB makin' us Thanksgiving morning pancakes... From scratch. I think we'll invite him back! He seems to have made pretty good buddy's with Dozer too. He discovered that finger licks of butter will make friends pretty quick. :)
How the turkey started... the photo in the background was what our turkey was s'posed to look like. :)
Brined, buttered and basted. Stuffed with lemons, oranges, onions and LOTS of fresh herbs. The butter rub had crushed rosemary and sage with lemon zest mixed in too.
Mom sent me Grandma Ramey's potato roll recipe...
Our turkey turned out beautiful!! And delish!!! I will definitely use this recipe again!!
Sweet potato casserole in the back w/Gram's rolls in front.
My sweet hubby carving the turkey ~
Green bean casserole!! My MOST favorite dish!! :)
L. made creamy mashed potatoes and some seriously yummy gravy from the turkey drippin's. We wondered if the citrus in the turkey would make for some odd tasking gravy... but no! It was amazing!
Plate full of goodness! My eyes were a bit more zealous than my stomach tho. :)
L. also made homemade cranberry sauce which was awesome! I failed to photograph it though... :(
Stuff-t
L's Pecan Pie, my Blueberry Cheesecake and L's Pumpkin Pie! We had no shortage of sweets!
My first cheesecake ever that didn't crack! I used this recipe.
Hope you had a wonderful day too! We're so glad that although our family is so far away, we have such sweet friends close by to share these days with!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

you and Jill have sumpin' in common: gbc!

I'm GLAD you have good friends close by too!

Sherlene said...

I think I need that turkey recipe of yours. that looked really good!

lol... I don't think it would have made a difference if your cheesecake would have cracked. you couldn't see the top!!! :)