8.27.2011

Cravings

I'll begin by reassuring you all that I'm not the big "P" word.  These are just normal cravings by a gal who is limited to very little variety of foods these days.  :-)

1.  Indian Food, specifically Murgh Makhini - mmmm.  Do try it someday!  I practiced my hand at cooking it last night, and it actually didn't turn out too bad!  The recipe will needs a few tweaks, but the end result should help to curb this craving.  :-)
2.  Short Smoked Salmon Filet.  Peter and I would order this every.single.time we ate at our favorite American restaurant in Virginia, Sweetwater Tavern.  Our order would go something like this; "Two Short Smoked Salmon Filets, extra mustard sauce on the side, Ozzie rolls only and extra poppyseed butter please."  We could order the moment we sat down.  It was always a quick meal!  :-)  This, I'm afraid, I won't be able to duplicate.
3.  Thai food, specifically Chicken Red Curry.  Again, I should be able to duplicate this, just haven't tried my hand at it yet.
4.  Maple bars.  Oh boy, I could  devour a few of these right now!
5.  Captain Neon Burger from McMinnimins - I (we actually!) have been craving this since we left Oregon: thick patty, extra thick drippy bacon, blue cheese, special sauce... mmm.  If you eat it in just the right fashion, it'll drip all of the delicious sauce all over your fries.  It's a party in your mouth.  A heart attack waiting to happen, but SO worth it.  :-)

That sums it up pretty well for now.  If y'all have occasion to box some of those up and send them our way, we'd be much obliged.  ;-)

(kidding)

5 comments:

Diana said...

wow... both of you have cravings... what could THAT mean? you're both expecting? I always knew Peter was exceptional!

Gram C. said...

Sounds like your quite the GOURMET
"cookie" Missy !! What are some of the ingred. in that Indian dish?

Wonder if your favorite restaurant in VA is still open for business with all the stormy weather...your missing that and the earthquake since you left...just in time !!

Danica said...

is the '(kidding)' regarding the big P, or regarding us sending you the Captain Neon burger?

Deena said...

Can't say I've had any relationship w/ most of your yummy-sounding cravings, but that #4 is very close to my heart. For me, it's the only 'donut' worth the indulgence & since it's not found @ every donut counter, it actually saves me calories.

MrsRitzB said...

Danica, I wish I was that clever. :-)