10.08.2011

Octopus!

Folks, I just cannot, NOT share this picture.  
I didn't even cheat and compromise the photo quality (by compressing the photo size) so that it would upload faster.  It took all of 2 1/2 hours last night on our dial-up connection to upload!!  I took it on a shore dive yesterday; we were kicking out to a buoy which we would then descend along to our destination and Peter spotted this octopus.  We followed him for a few minutes, mesmerized by his color-changing, texture-changing abilities, and snapped MANY photos.  This one was my favorite!  

Peter and I just found some statistics on our computer dive logs that made me smile.  According to my computer I've sucked 91 thousand PSI of air since I started diving and Peter has sucked 86 thousand PSI.  
We're sure breathing a lot of air!! Hope there's enough for the rest of you! :-)

5 comments:

JoAnn Waldo said...

I need to comment on your move and I love all your comments and your pictures of your dives and the island. Jim and I went to several of the Marianna and Micronesian islands to visit Julia Brist and Debbie Peterson on Majuro. We then went to Ponape and then to Saipan to see Linda Brist and JoycePeterson and then we all went to Guam. We snorkeled in old tanks off Saipan and saw many colorful fish. One of the guys even caught a puffer fish. Saw several under water fish. Enjoy your days and we will live it through you!

Deena said...

That's quite the colorful octopus. How big would you estimate him to be? It's hard to tell size with only the coral for perspective. It'll be fun when you get better uploading connections so we can enjoy more of your fabulous dive pics!!

Class of 1978 said...

Great pic, awesome experience! (But I don't begrudge you the oxygen.)
Kevin

Diana said...

He looks decked out for a party. Maybe he knew you were coming and got dressed up. Pretty cool.

ldtexas said...

I LOVE the octopus picture!! :) Thanks for patiently uploading it for us all!