8.11.2009

Mom's visit (in no particular order)

We've been enjoying having momsies here this week! Saturday Mom and I went exploring up at Great Falls National Park - it's quite beautiful there! I overheard some others mentioning that the water is way down, but I think it's more beautiful that way. :) The rocks are more visible with less water!
Mom n' I... we're HOT. Heat-hot.
Then we went SHOE SHOPPING! We have a certain someones wedding coming up, that mom just happens to be "mother-of-the-groom" in, and I'm on a mission to convince her to wear PINK shoes to the wedding. I need ALL the help I can get, so please comment on how BEA-U-TI-FUL these pink (yes, they're pink, not red - the picture coloring is bad) shoes are! :)
Yet another project! Last week Mom stripped all the wallpaper from the main floor 1/2 bathroom - BEFORE:
Then yesterday and today we worked on patching the holes, spackling the wall, sanding the spackling, and painting!
My first time spackling... I like it!
Mom painting, and Dozer supervising... The painting is still in process. The back wall will be some sort of chocolate brown, dark/milk chocolate still TBD... We have a pedestal sink for this room, but for now the cabinet will stay until we have more time to finish the project. And, onto our 25 mile bike ride on Monday (it really was only 14 miles but 25 sounds so much better). Mom and I rode the W&OD trail for awhile today and found this lovely pond with humongous water lilies. The lilies were at least 8 inches in diameter and the pads were over 12 inches. Beautiful.
LOTS and LOTS of bugs - this dragonfly cooperated for a quick photo op.
Water lilies, reeds and my favorite mom.
The cattails were just as pretty as the water lilies!
Laundry is calling - Adios! (don't foget to comment on Madre's shoes!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes ... and the scenery ... and watching your house come along ... and seeing a picture of you and your mom ... and ... and ... :-)

Love yous...Joy

Aunt Renee said...

LOVE THE SHOES!!! I wish I could wear pointed toes. But, that's the results of breaking a toe 25 years ago.

Thanks for sharing the photos...Miss you two and so anxious to see everyone at the wedding time.

Aunt Renee said...

Just remembered something...those heals may be a problem in the grass at the wedding. I know the wedding party made sure all their shoes had thick heals that could walk in grass.

Gram C. said...

WHY NOT...PINK SHOES...the perfect accessory for "Mother-of-the-groom"

Don't ask Gramps tho'...I bought a varigated PINK PURSE and he wrinkled his nose up at that !! Haven't taken it back tho...YET :) :)

Now for an outfit to go with....

Diana said...

Thanks Na'. Wondered how I was going to get out of that one! :) Actually got some bronze ones today - much more my style since I can't wear heels or pointy shoes.

Sandra Ramey said...

Well I did think the shoes were beeeautiful but if ya can't wear em then that's the end of that. They look very feminine though!

Liesl said...

Love the water lilies... WOW!! Nice pics... the bathroom looks GREAT too! Way to go!!

Diana said...

I love those water lilies... still can't believe how big they are!