11.08.2009

Long overdue pictures!

Four weeks ago, Peter started working on getting the front of the house ready for our new porch. This included tearing out the first entry step so he could put up the ledger board. Watch your feet when you come visit now! :)
Ledger board up...
Blog intermission to show off our Mr. Princess. :)
Also four weeks ago, Peter installed two more can lights in the kitchen - having only two in there was a little dim. :) It's MUCH brighter now!
Three weeks ago... dun, dun dun... our windows arrived! We installed them all in one day! Don't they look AH-MAZING?! The door however, is another story that I'd rather not talk about right now...The evening that we finished installing the windows, some friends from San Diego, R&K Gibson & kiddos were to be with us for the night. I didn't get any photos of them while they were here, but did get some of our clean house! :)
Dining room... I don't think I've ever posted a finished photo of this room. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. There are still some walls to be removed, new flooring, etc, etc, to be done, but for now it's quite nice. The windows on the South side (ie: this room) and West side of the house will be replaced next year. Winter is FAST approaching on us & we've run out of time this year!I think I'm all caught up on photos for tonight! Peter dug eight holes for the footings for the porch & I caulked nail holes and trim pieces today. Another successful Saturday! Hope yours was grrrreat too!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I continue to be amazed!

Sandra Ramey said...

Me too...love it all! Great job!

Aunt Renee said...

Touches my heart following you two through the recontruction of your home and all the projects you are doing together. Enjoy every moments. These are what memories are made of.