10.01.2010

Hato Caves

Sorry I'm so LONG in posting these!
On day 2 in Curacao we went to Hato caves. The caves were used during the early days of slave trade in Curacao - the escaped slaves would hide in them and live there for months. We arrived about 30 minutes before the tour started, so we walked around the premises a bit.
They have a few areas roped off that they claim to be ancient hieroglyphics... I'm not sure I believe they're real, but they're there! :)
Isn't this one adorable of L. and A.?
Now there's a prickly perch...
Cute little furry kitty that called the caves his home.
Inside ~
My dear, sweet hubby ~
~together~
Do you see the pirate in this photo? They had a number of "shapes" in the cave that they had named... this one was the most obvious to me. I'm staring at the rest of the photos we took inside the caves and can't find the shapes in them - so I'm not going to post the rest!! :)
More to come!

1 comment:

Diana said...

to the left of the pirate is an Ent whispering in the pirates ear