11.15.2011

My Tuesday morning

Good evening readers.  I seem to have hit a (blogger) writer's block... any suggestions on how to move past it?!

Peter and I don't have a boring schedule by any means; contrarily we're enjoying every day here!  However I can't help but feel like my blog posts must lose some readability as they're constantly about sunshine, diving and sailing.

That being said, I had an amazing experience diving this morning that I must share as best as words can.  A friend of mine and I were on our way back from what we call the "Pinnacle" dive.  It's a beautiful 35 foot dive that takes us from coral mound to coral mound with breaks of open sand between each.  We usually see eels, sometimes octopus, sting rays and turtles.  This dive was no different with eels, puffers, and other various sea life gracing our presence.  We were just about to finish up the dive when my friend stopped and motioned for me to come over.  There was a beautiful, HUGE Manta ray - dancing right in front of us.  If you can imagine the motion of a ferris wheel - that was what the Manta was doing.  Flip, over flip, over flip, over flip.  Smack in front of our eyes - he couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from us.  After dancing for a bit, he gracefully floated off into the abyss.  I looked at Heather.  She looked at me.  We both motioned to our hearts beating out of our chests - and our eyeballs looked as if they could have popped out of our masks... then she pointed behind me.  He came back!  And danced some more!  He did this three times for us!!  Absolutely amazing.

In other news, Thanksgiving is next week - can you believe it, already?!  What are your plans?

4 comments:

Anna said...

Eeeeeeee! Can't wait to visit!!!! (This comment is coming to you from Albany, Western Australia!)

Liesl said...

So amazingly unbelievable! Tears have again presented themselves - what an experience, so wonderful!!

Sherlene said...

RE: Writer's block, what if you asked people for suggestions on what they want to know. I have the same writer's block when it comes to telling people about my weird profession. But it always helps when people ask a question. Give's an opportunity to see things again through the eye's you did when you first arrived on the Island.

Deena said...

What an amazing show you & your dive friend were treated to! And once again you have related it in a wonderfully easy-to-visualize way to all your landlubber audience!! Keep it up whenever the blog bug bites you!! And we, in the meanwhile, will try to be patient & understanding when there's no new news from Kwaj ;-D