7.03.2007

Progress? Something green anyway!

Peter and I took this Mon-Tues-Wed off work initially to have a nice vacation. However, due to Peter being on call for work, and a dirt 'lawn' that is desperately in need of some attention, we're staying home and being responsible adults. I'm finding this responsible thing just isn't really my bag. :)
Today we worked on our dirt for about 7 -ish hours. I planted some 'True Dwarf English Boxwoods' along the perimeter of the property (Peter dug my holes). They are so cute! They do look like dwarfs right now!
We planted 7 total...
What they will hopefully look like someday...
Look at the sprinkler!!! :-)
And here's what I spent the rest of the day doing... (this wasn't as fun) I raked, for the third time now, rocks out of this soil of ours. Every time we do it, I foolishly think it will be easier the next time... It's not. Ever. Hopefully this will be the last raking before it's hydro-seeded.
This slope is 1/2 done... If you click on the picture it's a bit clearer. Peter spent his day filling in ditches... and filling in ditches... and, well, you get it. Oh, and digging holes for me!
I s'pose this will be all for now... Happy 2 days before the 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

surprisingly, (or not) the things you put the most time and effort into become the things you value and appreciate the most. Someday you'll look on your yard with pride to see how far it's came. Keep at it... I'm proud of ya both!

Anonymous said...

You said, "Worked 7-ish hours and
planted 7 boxwoods."

With such perfect numbers and working together in harmony, it's a "given" that your landscaping projects will turn out perfectly :) :)
Hugs to you both!!