5.12.2008

CHERRY FESTIVAL

I don't even know how to write just how fun this event was! My friend Michelle and I had volunteered to "help" with the Cherry Festival Lip Sync by creating props, etc -and ultimately found ourselves as part of the star-studded cast! Anyhow, we had a blast, and many laughs, tears & rehearsals later we still felt like complete fools! I'll sure miss our Loan Dept - Friday was my last day of work at CRB.

Now I'll back up and explain the event. :-) Annually, The Dalles has a week-long event called the Cherry Festival kicking off the cherry season here. Tons of events take place all week long; the lip sync occurring on Tuesday night. Columbia River Bank has always participated in the event, and ALWAYS received last place. So, this year, we were determined to take the house! And that we did. Our group got 3rd place - but we were TOTALLY gypped - and that's the public's majority opinion too! Anyway, we had a GREAT time choreographing & planning the performance - and an even better time performing. :)

Most of the Itsy-Bitsy-Teenie-Weenie-Yellow-Polka-Dot-Bikini crew!!
Back Row L-R: Chris, Marcus, Adam, Kelly, Shelby, Nora
Front Row L-R: Michelle, Julie, Maira, Marissa, Sky
Make-Up + Girls = Unnecessary Waste of Time
Make-Up + Boys = Criminal Act!
Marcus (co-worker) getting ready for his Bikini debut!CRB Real Estate Mortgage Officer, Sky - EXPOSED!
We had three Bikini "Girls" - Sky, Chris & Marcus. They were GREAT sports and played the part amazingly well!
Michelle and I as the Bee-Bop-Girls - We were volunteered, this wasn't by choice!CRB Real Estate Mortgage Officer, Sky - COVERED UP... (whew!)
ACK! Now I know the reason that Pony-tails & crimped hair has been OUT for 20 years!
My boss, Julie.The redhead is one of my co-workers, and the brunette is our BRANCH MANAGER!!
Then, Saturday was the Annual Cherry Festival Parade.
Columbia River Bank gang that walked in the parade & our float.
Wow - BIG red Booties in front of us!
Beautiful Horse
Overall, a great time! I don't have any pictures of our performance at the Lip Sync since I was on stage, but there are a few here.
(our performance are #'s 7739058-7756068)

No comments: