5.04.2008

Move update

"Garage sale" is being zilched from my vocabulary starting right now...

What an exhausting day - and that's an understatement!!! We obviously had our garage sale today, and you wouldn't believe how these things happen here... I imagine they're the same everywhere, but I like to think that we're the "special ones", you know? :-) The folks that are called "early-birds" are more like VULTURES! And mean, grumpy ones at that. Those people should NOT be allowed to get out of bed that early in the morning.

Life is happening at lightening speed. I have some pictures that I really need to upload from last weekend - maybe I'll get to that tonight...?

We now have very little left in our big house... just enough to live on. Well, almost. I packed up the silverware the other day, right before realizing we might need those to eat with for awhile? Anyhow, we're enjoying the luxuries of plasticware now! (and I'm enjoying the new workload of dishes!)

We've started the packing process very methodically and organized. Red dots go on the boxes that will be stored, and green dots on the boxes that will go to our apartment, with lots of labeling on the outside. I imagine most of that organization will go out the window when our move date (which is still TBD - probably early June) gets closer.

We still need to find a place to live there - which I'm finding quite difficult since we won't have the chance to look at places before we go! So far it's kind of like the "close-your-eyes-and-point-at-one" method of choosing. We also still need to find a place to store all of our stuff. I'm quickly learning to appreciate accumulating only the dire necessities. Not only because it means less to pack, but also less to store! And storage in DC is $$$$$!

Ok, enough rambling for now. Sorry to be such a boring blogger these days. I'm hoping to pick back up once we get there (since I'll have ALL kinds of free time!).

Adios - have a lovely Sunday & week.

4 comments:

Sandra Ramey said...

Hi Peter and marissa,
\Guess what? Dave bought me a wonderful laptop for mothers day and i got to open it early so he could get it set up for me.
I don't envy you moving but we sure enjoyed it when we were younger! good luck!

Anonymous said...

You two have a wonderful experience ahead of you. We speak from experience. It broadens your horizons moving to different places. You meet more friends and workers. Enjoy every moment of every day.
Uncle Ned & Aunt Renee

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids! So will you be back for the reunion? :) hope so. How fun! You'll have to go see Aunt Annette and Pete & Dan. Dan Jr is getting married this summer too. Love ya!

landryandcara said...

Your news is so exciting...and so sad! I don't know why, we haven't seen you in so long, but the whole distance thing...Anyways, we've always wanted to go to the East Coast so maybe we'll make it before you leave. Do you have any idea how long you'll be there?

xoxo
c