5.27.2011

Blogworthy photos

No new news to share today on the Kwaj-front... but we're still plugging along.  They threw the "three-week" words out the other day, but I think that might be a leeeetle optimistic.  :-)  Will let you all know when we know! 

** Note - I just can't get used to putting the photo captions below the photos, like blogger wants me to do.  So, going forward, I'm switching back to my old style (can't teach this dog new tricks!) of captioning photos ABOVE the picture.  **

Meanwhile... a quick update.  Doz hasn't been featured on this blog for awhile, but rest assured, he is alive and quite well.  He's recuperating very well from his surgery, thankyouverymuch.  The other day he decided his blanket wasn't soft enough, so he came over and plopped down on the pile of laundry that I was putting away.  How adorable is he?!  :-) 
Last night he and P. were quite tuckered out - they enjoyed a late night snooze before bed... t'was also extra adorable!  You can see his shaved side is still a little sparse on fur! 
In other news, P & I ran some errands today, returning house materials we won't use before we leave, grabbing some groceries, etc.  The old foyer/stairway light we had was a hideous... It was like this one (link), except hanging from a chain.  Needless to say, it was begging for a replacement.  :-)  Low and behold, we found this amazing drum shade pendant type light at Lowe's that I fell in love with.
I.had.to.have.  
My dear hubby eventually agreed it would look SOOOOOO good as a replacement for that old nasty bronze piece (although he was pulling for this pendant, which was on sale for $10).
I LOVE it!!!
 Closeup ~
We're tuckered out again tonight after another productive day.  Soon-ish I'll show you what I've been working on to spruce up the front of the house, but that'll be a few more days.  We've hired a drywall crew to come in and fix our hole-y house... and they're doing a fantastic job thus far.  I believe we're only a day away from being ready for PAINT!  Yahoo!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Peter & Dozer... too cute!

Sherlene said...

ditto... and love the new fixture. That is cute too!

Bonnie Sikes said...

Peter & 'Ris....I had never looked at your blog before, but glad I did! Your house is beautiful...lots of hard work! But your move to K. is of real interest to me!! I've seen it on the map and think we flew over it on the way to Guam & Saipan. What an adventure....and experience...I think they are different! All the best to you both! Bonnie Sikes