5.31.2011

Hard at work...

My dear husband is hard at work doing window trim as I type this... 
The drywallers took the holiday off, but have finished the main floor patches and have moved upstairs.  When they finish with the upstairs patches they'll paint upstairs and the exterior trim.  
I've been busy painting the main floor walls.  It kind of makes me wish I would have done it sooner so we could enjoy it, but at least it will show well!  I'll get some photos up of the painting once I finish up cutting in all the edges.  After two days of primering and painting, I've lost my umph to get back at it (might have something to do with the cutting in being my least favorite part of painting?!). 
Tomorrow we meet with a realtor to go over some listing/sale details.  I'm probably being over-optimistic, but if the drywallers/painters finish this week, and we get the trim done, we could potentially get it on the market next week?  The master bath tile wouldn't be done, but I have samples in case someone wanted to know what it'll look like...  Anyhow, we'll see.  The cup is half-full, right?? 
These days Craigslist is my best friend.  :)  We're not getting rid of everything, but definitely purging and trying to only keep what we use (which really isn't that much, but we sure have a LOT of stuff!).
Meanwhile, here's some pics of Peter's work ~

 
So, it's coming along!  There's still quite a bit of work to do, but I'm pretty sure we'll feel that way until we board an airplane.  We have a list compiled of the things we need to complete, and I was pleasantly surprised this morning to be able to cross a few things off!  Baby steps!
For now, I'm off to work on some caulking.  Happy Memorial Day to you and yours! 

1 comment:

Anna said...

You think we fit a lot into a long weekend? We're constantly amazed by what you guys fit into your weeknights!!! :)