2.14.2012

Valentine's Day dinner

Yesterday we hosted a day-before-Valentine's-Day dinner at our place... I had fun with it!
I was FLOORED when I saw that AAFES (our local Army store) had FLOWERS!!  I haven't seen fresh bouquets of flowers since we left the States.  I went home and immediately made sure Peter knew they were there.  :-) 
Ready for guests!
Chocolate!  This is one of the leaf-impression plates I made at our local Pottery Shop.
Our menu:
Appetizers: Fresh Strawberries, Crackers with Grandma's Blackberry Jam and Goat Cheese
Main Meal:  Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, Quinoa Salad, Homemade Wheat Rolls, Potato Casserole



Dessert:
White Chocolate... 
Oreo Cookie Crust... 
Raspberry... 

...Swirled Cheesecake!  
 Whew!  That cheesecake was a bit of work, but SO worth it!  DELISH.  Our friends who came brought a Fruit Tart, Strawberry Napoleons and Cream Puffs, also all AMAZING!  We had a fun evening and enough food leftover for another dinner party!

9 comments:

Anna said...

Yummy!! This all looks awesome!

kara said...

um, yum! not bad island fare!!

Sherrie said...

OOOH, my - I think I gained 10 LBs reading about your menu. How very fun. Sent a pkg - I will think of you sorting the mail and finding it. S

Sandra Ramey said...

and what a lovely party it was I am sure:)

Deena said...

That cheesecake looks amazing! It has just the right combination of ingredients to be satisfyingly decadent :D

Diana said...

yummm-umm. What can I say? and finally I get to see one of your leaf dishes - very cute! and tropical flowers too - how thoughtful of the army to have them flown in just for you. Glad it all went so well.

Gram C. said...

A Gourmet Valentine Dinner...how lovely !! The pix are so good one can ALMOST SMELL/TASTE it !!

Beautiful flowers...Peter you did good too !!

Lorinda said...

Oh I want that cheesecake recipe.....looks amazing. Thank you for the picture cd. We enjoyed it.. glad you are having fun with your island adventure.

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT