1.05.2007

New Year, New Job!!

Finally moving on... it's time for a new learning curve!

Since we moved in April 2006 I've been working at Columbia River Bank here in The Dalles, in our Loan Operations department. This means, I've been in our admin building (not an actual "bank" setting), maintaining the back-end support and documentation of loans. I've learned how to produce legal documentation for lending, how to load that documentation onto our operating systems, and also many certification procedures and miscellaneous odds-n-ends. However, as I always have my eyes on something new, I appplied for a Credit Analyst position across the street in our actual "branch", and I got it! I'm quite excited!! I think it's a great opportunity, with MUCH potential for growth. The bank will pay for me to take the required courses here at our college, as well as a 7 month program that will certify me as a Credit Analyst, there-by qualifying me to become a loan officer! At this point, I'm not sure if I want to include lending in my long-term plans, but I do know that this certification will definitely make me more valuable to Columbia River Bank as well as other institutions.

Life is GOOD! (remind me of this after I start my class next week!)

We had the privelege this last Monday & Tuesday of having Troy Patterson and Steve Watts come stay with us! I had fun cooking, and attempting to be domestic! Our special meetings were on Wednesday night in Hood River. We're such a small town that we get special meeting workers for two nights! :-) We'll head in to Portland on Saturday night to stay with Tom and Audrey and then off to Portland Special's on Sunday.

Sorry there's no pictures in this post... I'll update when we get back from PDX!

HAPPY 2007!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That will be exciting for you! I am sure you will learn lots and it's always nice to have a challenge! Enjoy PDX Special Meetings! Isn't it fun to have company?! Give all the Portland kids a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marissa that is So cool!! Attempting to be domestic, girl you had Thanksgiving at your house...you are a pro! Well, maybe we should think about that one time we were making spaghetti...;0
love ya!

Anonymous said...

How is it going??

MrsRitzB said...

Actually... I haven't started the new job yet... I've been waiting until they can hire someone for my current position so I can train them. Looks like the new girl will start on Monday, so hopefully I can move over there soon! As far as the accounting class goes... well, I'm glad I'm only taking one at the moment! Makes for a busy life!!! :-)