10.03.2008

Sherrie & Loren visit!!! 9/20 - 10/01

We've sure enjoyed having Sherrie and Loren in the area the last week and a half! On Saturday Loren had the great idea of finding a boat tour, and after a bit of researching online, we found the perfect one! The Monuments Cruise left from Georgetown and went to Old Town Alexandria - it was beautiful! The weather cooperated quite nicely too. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who comes to the area. :) Here's a photo journal of the trip!
Departing Georgetown
The tour passes by numerous of the famous DC monuments, and many others that are inland you can see from the water. Here's the Lincoln Memorial with the very tip of the Washington Monument peeking up behind.
Sherrie and Loren on the cruise
Peter & I on the cruise
This cute sternwheeler was docked in Alexandria - reminds me of this one. :-)
My sweet, sweet hubby
Perusing the docks in Alexandria... & drooling over the amazing yachts. I took this photo however because I liked how the gazebo perfectly framed the Capitol building across the Potomac River. :-)
Sherrie and Loren in Alexandria... :-)
Peter & I in Alexandria
I love all the beautiful brick masonry out here. Brick on the East Coast is used as commonly as stucco is in San Diego! (I think it's prettier tho!)
Peter was pretty stoked to see a real live Torpedo Factory. :-)
Sherrie was totally in her element in this paper store. Obviously, so was I. Look out, it's the one-eyed-psycho coming your way!
Sitt'n on the canon...
YUCK.
Peter being artistic... We're on our way cruis'n back to Georgetown now.
Again. :-) I like this one!
My attempt at being artistic.
Remember that cute sternwheeler earlier? Here it is again a few hours later!
JFK Center for Performing Arts - We went here a few weeks ago (remember this post) for their free Open House...
And our final destination, Georgetown! All lit up - Pictures don't do it justice!
Come visit and we'll take ya on a cruise!

1 comment:

Diana said...

We'll hold you to that one! 5 wks