10.03.2008

Washington DC Zoo

Sunday afternoon we headed down to the Zoo with Sherrie and Loren. One of the huge perks about living here is the amazing number of free things there are to do! This Zoo doesn't really compare to the San Diego Zoo... but for free, we can't complain! I realize most of these photos are pretty boring, but hey, you don't have to keep reading!
This little guy and his bro across the sidewalk guard the entrance...
Fish, ripples & reflections - pretty
Frog! :-) They rate right up there with turtles in my book - I think they are so cute! Oh, and more reflections.
Our lovely guests
Cheetah w/an attitude.
More prettiness
Us'ns
The darling pandas were giving us a show! Actually they were just eating, but we stood and gawked at them for a few minutes anyway.
They look so cuddly
They're building a HUGE new enclosure for the elephants... for now they have a small space inside and outside.
I didn't realize how huge these guys teeth are! Not something I'd want to encounter!
This gorilla was too tired to come say hi... he's cute anyway.
Base of the pillar at the entrance to the reptile exhibit
And the top of that same pillar
Oh, I LOVE turtles!
This guy and I had a nice lil' chat. :) He only has three legs.
How many frogs do you see? (click to enlarge) I can find 5...
It rained on us for a bit, but we sure had a blast!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Okay - you got me. I only see 4 frogs. It looks like another must see... we're running out of days

Anonymous said...

I counted 5 frogs.