3.01.2010

Trip to Vancouver, WA

Two weeks ago P. & I took a trip out to the West Coast to visit some of his family & see some friends we've dearly missed. It was such a nice time - jam-packed with visits, traveling, eating... you know, the usual!
We were so pleased to be able to spend time with most of Peter's family (we missed Fredericks and Crystie tho and Tama of course), see my bro Del & his wife who stopped in on their way back to Boise, spend some time with worker Boller, have lunch with some of our old co-workers, visit with B,K & meet baby Herman and catch up with D, J, N & baby Carson!! Not to mention some nice fellowship and studies!
However... even with all that excitement, I was a horrible photographer and took less than 10 photos during the ENTIRE week! :-S Here's a few that make me smile ~
This view on the way out to The Dalles from Portland. Mt. Hood, standing tall framed by the flawless clear blue sky. Followed soon with the drive through the gorgeous Columbia River Gorge... I miss this scenery! Don't get me wrong, Virginia has a beauty all it's own, but it doesn't include mountains like this that's for sure!
One day P. & I took a quick detour up to Mosier area to check out our property on the mountain... still as pretty as ever! Anyone want to buy? 4.77 acres with a gorgeous view of Mt. Adams and incredible East-West views up and down the Columbia River... :)
B&K Herman's little one ~ she made me smile. I just wish I had taken photos of D&J's cuties, and our nieces A&L too! :( This will suffice for cute lil' faces for now.
I have lots of photos coming to update you on the progress of the remodel... maybe I'll get them up tonight? :)

1 comment:

Twila said...

Sorry to tell you, but that's Mt Hood! Not St. Helens... :0) I enjoy "lurking" on your blog. Love your remodel. We miss you guys here in OR... Twila