3.02.2010

As promised~

I can't seem to kick this bug I've got, and was waiting until I felt a little wittier to write a somewhat interesting blog post, but alas... you'll have to put up with boring commentary!
Peter finished dry-walling the wall in the kitchen we had torn out ~
~ and started work on our hardwoods! 2700 lbs of beautiful bamboo was delivered to our door last Monday... :-) We're saving the laminate (below) to use in the basement eventually.
1/2 of the living room cleared - you can see the bamboo stacked in the background. Also, don't you love the flannel plaid sheet covering the window? It matches so well with the green and brown squiggles on the wall. Maybe we'll start a trend?
Looking from the kitchen into the living room. Peter removed the upper cabinets on this wall the other evening. The upper cabinet in the far left of the picture is gone now too. That entire wall (where the tall granite backsplash is) will be torn down to open the room up into the living area.
Rolling out the underlayment
Peter's nifty new flooring nailer. I believe he owns every nail gun known to contractor now - this one rounded off his collection! :)
Bamboo!! We learned in our 'quest' for bamboo that depending on the age and type of bamboo, some is very soft, and some is very hard... We decided since it'll be on our main floor, and likely have quite a bit of traffic that we would purchase the harder bamboo. Harder wood = more $$$, but in the long run, I think we'll be glad we did it! We purchased through BuildDirect, and the bamboo type is their 'Woven, Stranded Bamboo'. - We're happy with it so far!!
First piece! Peter is laying it on a diagonal to give the room a bit more dimension.
Nailer and hubby in action ~
With the COLD weather we've had, P's work space is on the kitchen floor!
Aaaaaand finally... I just had to post a picture of my first experiment with curry! It turned out delicious!! I used this recipe, and followed it exactly. Next time I would omit the sugar (I actually used splenda), but overall I was so pleased! It's a one-dirty-dish meal (which I LOVE ~ all I used was my wok), simple to prepare, delish with rice or vegetables, and the hubbs liked it too! I foresee this again in our future. :)
The floor has progressed along quite a bit more tonight... but I'm too exhausted to put those pics up now - they can wait! :)

1 comment:

wes said...

Cool. Looks like whoever stole your drywall had a change of heart......even hung it back up for you. looks nice